[csaa-forum] AAH Symposium: At the Cross Road? Australia’s Cultural Future, online 16-20 November 2020

Kylie Brass Kylie.Brass at humanities.org.au
Fri Nov 13 12:31:34 ACST 2020

Dear colleagues,

The Australian Academy of the Humanities is hosting its 51st Annual Symposium next week. All sessions are free and online. We’d love to see you there.

Marking the end of a tumultuous year for our creative and cultural sector, At the Cross Road? Australia’s Cultural Future<https://www.humanities.org.au/symposia/51stsymposium/program/> explores the impacts of COVID-19 and other disruptions to our cultural life and considers how innovative cultural policy settings and creative practice could together underpin a path to recovery for the sector, for our people and our communities.

Our free series of webinars brings together practitioners, researchers, creators and policy makers to deliver a daily dose of ideas, debates and inspiration over the course of a week from 16-20 November.

Topics range from ‘Technologies and Creative Futures’ and ‘Continuous and Diverse: A Long History of Many Cultures’ to ‘Policy Matters: Key Insights from A New Approach’; ‘Connecting Policy and Artists’; and ‘Culturing the Creative Economy’.

The program also includes  satellite events<https://www.humanities.org.au/symposia/51stsymposium/satellite_sessions/> convened by the Australia Council for the Arts and NIDA.

Registrations details and the full program are on our website<https://www.humanities.org.au/symposia/51stsymposium/program/>.

Cheers,

Kylie

Dr Kylie Brass
Director, Policy & Research
Australian Academy of the Humanities
3 Liversidge Street | Acton | ANU Campus
GPO Box 93 | Canberra | ACT 2601 | Australia
www.humanities.org.au<http://www.humanities.org.au/>
Follow us on Twitter: @HumanitiesAU<https://twitter.com/HumanitiesAU>