[csaa-forum] Fwd: CFP Reading and Writing in the Twenty-First-Century Literary Studies Classroom: Theory and Practice. July 6-8. Abstracts due by 10 Feb.

Judith Seaboyer readingwritingtheorypractice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:58:58 ACST 2017

Please forward this to your colleagues who may be interested in the
conditions of reading in literary studies pedagogies.  These questions are
only becoming more important in the world in which we find our selves.

Conference

Reading and Writing in the Twenty-First-Century Literary Studies Classroom:

Theory and Practice

The University of Queensland

Brisbane, Australia

6-8 July 2017

Deadline for submissions 10 February 2017

*Call for papers*

This broad-ranging conference will assume good reading and its concomitant
good writing to be essential both to the mastery of disciplinary content
and to the transformative potential of an education in literary studies. We
seek papers that consider reading and writing from a range of perspectives,
practical and theoretical.

*Confirmed speakers*

Dr David Aldridge, Oxford Brookes University

Professor Helen Sword, University of Auckland

Dr Tully Barnett, Flinders University

For more information:

 https://communication-arts.uq.edu.au/article/2016/08/readin
g-and-writing-twenty-first-century-literary-studies-classroo
m-theory-and-practice

--
Judith Seaboyer
Senior Lecturer in Literary Studies