[csaa-forum] 'Add-Ons, or Altered (E)states?' Disability stream ANZCA 2016 call

Gerard Goggin gerard.goggin at sydney.edu.au
Thu Feb 25 13:32:49 ACST 2016

[Apologies for x-posting]

Dear CSAA colleagues,

The call for papers<http://anzca2016.com/call-for-papers/> for this year’s Australian & New Zealand Communication conference is out, and closes shortly (4 March).

The conference is at the University of Newcastle, 6-8 July 2016.

As convenors of the ANZCA<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTDAvQZ0p_WUHg_NvnYClLfYacvZLo742m3mBceexz0/edit> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTDAvQZ0p_WUHg_NvnYClLfYacvZLo742m3mBceexz0/edit> Disability<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTDAvQZ0p_WUHg_NvnYClLfYacvZLo742m3mBceexz0/edit> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTDAvQZ0p_WUHg_NvnYClLfYacvZLo742m3mBceexz0/edit> stream<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTDAvQZ0p_WUHg_NvnYClLfYacvZLo742m3mBceexz0/edit>, and inspired by the conference theme, we wished to issue a special call for researchers to submit papers on the theme of ‘Creating Spaces for Disability in the Fifth Estate: Add-Ons, or Altered (E)states of Media and Communications?’.

Given the rich recent developments in disability across culture, communications, media, journalism, and society, there are a wide range of new practices, theories, methods, and concepts, challenges, and debates that call for the attention of scholars.

Please don’t hesitate to be in touch with us, if you like feedback on any ideas. Otherwise we hope you’ll consider this call.

Best wishes,

Katie Ellis (Curtin) and Gerard Goggin (Sydney)

Gerard Goggin
ARC Future Fellow
Professor of Media and Communications
Department of Media and Communications