[csaa-forum] CFP: History and Memory of the 1973 Military Coups in Uruguay and Chile

CSAA Cultural Studies Association of Australasia csaa4u at mail.com
Tue May 21 09:41:09 CST 2013

Call for Papers

40 Years is Nothing; History and Memory of the 1973 Military Coups in Uruguay and Chile

Academics, early career researchers and students are invited to send abstracts to participate in a full day seminar dedicated to discuss the historical legacy left by these regimes with respect to issues of transitional justice, social and economic equality, quality of democracy, neoliberal governmentality, resistance, historiography, and culture studies.
We welcome papers in English or Spanish from all areas of the humanities, social sciences and the arts. Those interested in presenting at this seminar must submit an abstract (200-300 words) of the paper to  seminar40years at gmail.com  which gives a short and clear statement of the thesis or argument of the paper by  *Monday 22 July 2013*. Selection of papers will be communicated on Monday 19 August 2013. Selected presentations must not exceed 20 minutes. Papers will be sent by Friday 20 September 2013 so as to give all participants the opportunity to read in advance and discuss the arguments.
As we are interested in creating links with international participants, we also welcome virtual presentations where the paper can be read by a third person or presented through a PowerPoint with voice-over or a pre-recorded video. For this virtual alternative the only requisite is for the presenter to be available through video conference for questions and answers at the time set in the programme of the seminar.
For more information please see attached flyer.

School of Humanities
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW, 2052, Australia
http://humanities.arts.unsw.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Code 00098G, ABN 57 195 873 179
 http://www.facebook.com/unsw