[csaa-forum] Crossroads Hong Kong 2010 - Latest Updates

Melissa Gregg mgregg at usyd.edu.au
Wed Aug 5 11:11:09 CST 2009

If you cannot read the email properly, please click here
<http://www.ln.edu.hk/ihss/crd/crossroad/crossroad_e-flyer.html>.

*/LATEST UPDATE/*

The 8^th international Crossroads will be held in *Hong Kong**,* *June
17-21, 2010*. Hosted by Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts
institution, and organized by its /Department of Cultural Studies /and
/Kwan Fong Cultural Research and Development Program/, this will be the
first time Crossroads holds this important academic gathering in East
Asia. Below is an update on the latest from our organizers at Lingnan
University:

    * *10 World-class Keynote Speakers* from Australia, China, Ecuador,
      France, India, Italy, Taiwan, UK, and USA will address the
      conference with research based on their latest work at keynote and
plenary sessions. Details at:
      http://www.crossroads2010.org/invited_speakers.html

    * *VERY AFFORDABLE Accommodation* To meet the challenge of the
      global financial crisis, we offer special favourable rates at our
two conference hotels. Room rate starts from *US$64 (breakfast,
service and tax incl) per night only!* In addition,
      air-conditioned campus hostel accommodation is also available for
*US$30 per night*!
      See:http://www.crossroads2010.org/accommodation.html

    * *CUTTING-EDGE Conference Topics* We welcome all topics relevant to
      Cultural Studies, especially new and innovative areas of research.
See a list of possible topic areas at:
      http://www.crossroads2010.org/topic_suggestions.html

    * *Submit your proposal NOW! *The call for paper and organised panel
      proposals is already in progress. Check the /submission
      guidelines/ and act before *_Dec. 31, 2009_*:
      http://www.crossroads2010.org/panel_and_paper_proposals.html

    * *Online Registration* is ready. Please make sure you DON¡¦T MISS
      the *Early Bird Registration *deadline: *_March 15, 2010_*! For
details, visit our website right away, at:
      http://www.crossroads2010.org/registration_details.html

    * *Spread the news*: Please forward this message to your colleagues
      and friends! We look forward to seeing each and every one of you in
Hong Kong in 2010!

**
Since its inception in 1996 in Tampere, Finland, the *Crossroads in
Cultural Studies *Conference has filled a significant gap in the global
academic community. It is now *a key international conference in
cultural studies* where scholars from all five continents get together
regularly to exchange research outputs, critical viewpoints and
scholarly insights. Organized by the Association for Cultural Studies
(ACS) <http://www.cultstud.org/>, the Crossroads conference is held every
other year in different parts of the world: Birmingham in UK, Illinois in
USA, Istanbul in Turkey and Kingston in Jamaica.

*Prof Stephen C K Chan* * Prof Meaghan Morris* *Prof John Erni*

Conference Director Academic Director Deputy Conference Director

*/Crossroads 2010 Organizing Committee, /**/Lingnan/**/
/**/University/**/, /**/Hong Kong/*

Website: http://www.crossroads2010.org Email-Enquiry:
crossroads2010 at LN.edu.hk <mailto:crossroads2010 at LN.edu.hk>