[csaa-forum] FW: Glocal Imaginaries Conference - Final Call for Papers and Extended Deadline

Melissa Gregg mgregg at usyd.edu.au
Tue Feb 10 07:00:56 CST 2009

For your information:
GLOCAL IMAGINARIES:
Writing / Migration / Place

Lancaster University and Whitworth Gallery, Manchester UK
9-12 September 2009

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

The above event is the closing conference of the AHRC-funded Moving
Manchester project (2006-2009).

We have received a very encouraging response to our call for papers so
far, with abstracts submitted from all parts of the globe.  However, we
have capacity for 300 papers and are therefore extending our deadline
for papers to 12 March 2009.

Plenary speakers at the conference will include: Mieke Bal; Roger
Bromley; Shirley Chew; David L. Eng; Gayatri Gopinath; Ranjana Khanna;
Susheila Nasta; James Procter; John Thieme; John Urry; Robert J.C.
Young; Ruth Wodak. Conference streams to include: The Glocal City;
Glocal Diasporas; Migration and Diaspora; Glocal Economies (eg
publishing industry, food); Discourses of the Glocal; Virtual
Glocalities; Gendering Glocalities; Moving Stories (creative writing /
arts stream); Queer Glocalities; Glocal Mobilities; Gendering Diasporas.

Please note that this is a multi-disciplinary conference and streams
will be led and / or co-hosted by colleagues from Geography, Sociology,
Film Studies, Cultural Studies, Women's Studies, Media Studies,
Linguistics and European Literatures and Cultures as well as English
Literature and Creative Writing.

Papers are invited from colleagues with an interest in any of these
areas, but we are also happy to consider proposals which fall outside of
them. In addition, we are willing to consider proposals from colleagues
who would like to present their work collectively and / or constitute
their own 'three paper' panel.

Further details and instructions are to be found on the conference
webpage at: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/projects/movingmanchester/

Abstracts - of no more than 300 words - are now invited for submission
by 12 March 2009.
Please email all queries and abstracts to the Conference Administrator,
Jo McVicker: j.mcvicker at lancaster.ac.uk

------ End of Forwarded Message

Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC
011159.

------ End of Forwarded Message