[csaa-forum] Paul Magee speaking tonight

Katherine Barnsley katherine.barnsley at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 27 10:34:04 CST 2007

Apologies for Cross Posting

Hi everyone,

I suspect this will only be of interest to those of you based in
Sydney and I apologise for the extremely short notice!

As part of the annual CONNECT Conference put on by the Sydney
University Postgraduate Representative Association (SUPRA) there is a
free keynote session on tonight (Thursday 27th September).

Dr Paul Magee, Dr Thalia Anthony and Professor Christopher Nash will
all be speaking on the role of Public Intellectualism in our society.

The session starts at 6 in the Main Quad of the University of Sydney
and drinks and nibbles will be served from 5 pm.

There is another keynote tomorrow (Friday 28th September) featuring
Kerry Nettle, Dylan Welch and me in my role as SUPRA's Co-President.
That session will look at the Politics of Higher Education. It starts
at 4 and will be followed by drinks and nibbles in the University's
historic Nicholson Museum.

For more information go to www.supra.usyd.edu.au/connect.

I hope to see some of you there.

Kind Regards