[csaa-forum] Centre for Research on Social Inclusion - Macquarie Uni Fellowships Information Session

Amanda Wise Amanda.Wise at scmp.mq.edu.au
Tue May 23 10:23:48 CST 2006

Macquarie University Fellowships

Centre for Research on Social Inclusion

Information Session

Friday 2nd June 2006

CRSI Invites you to an information session on

Macquarie University Postdoctoral Fellowships

Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's Innovation Fellowships Scheme

Macquarie University will shortly advertise the above fellowships. The
Centre for Research on Social Inclusion at Macquarie is keen to encourage
suitable applicants to apply for a fellowship through the centre. We would
like to invite potential applicants to an information session.

The Centre for Research Social Inclusion is an interdisciplinary group of
researchers from various disciplines including Anthropology, Sociology,
Philosophy, Cultural Studies, and Human Geography working across five
research clusters;

*                Migration, Multiculturalism and Nation

*                Critical Theory & Social Hope

*                Globalisation and the Postcolonial World

*                Welfare, Care and Social Policy

*                Inclusion and Exclusion in Urban & Regional Spaces

The information session will include:

*       Overview of the Macquarie University fellowship schemes.

*       Information on linking up with the best sponsor for your
application.

*       Advice on preparing and writing the application.

*       Advice on what makes a winning proposal.

*       Advice on track-record.

*       Information about the Centre for Research on Social Inclusion, our
researchers, and our research strengths.

If your research falls within the centre's area of interest and you're
interested in applying for a fellowship, we would like to invite you to
attend on:

When:             Friday 2nd June 2006

Time:                10am - 12pm

Where:             Macquarie University  -  Building W6A -  Room 707.

RSVP to CRSI Centre Manager - Email: crsi at scmp.mq.edu.au or  (02) 9850-9171

Information on the Centre and more detail on our research concentrations can
be found at www.crsi.mq.edu.au <http://www.crsi.mq.edu.au/> . Potential
applicants may contact Dr Amanda Wise if they are unsure their work is
suited to the centre or are unable to attend the session.
amanda.wise at mq.edu.au

Information on the Macquarie University Fellowship schemes can be found at:
http://www.ro.mq.edu.au/fund/internal/default.html

Guidelines for 2006 round will be released soon.

CLOSING DATES:

Macquarie University Research (Postdoctoral) Fellowship Scheme closes on 7th
July 2006.

Vice-Chancellor's Innovation Fellowships Scheme close on 29th June 2006

It is expected fellowship guidelines will be available early June.