[csaa-forum] Convergence 13.3 Open Call for Papers

Jason Wilson jason_a_wilson at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 23 02:02:04 CST 2006

(apologies for x-posting)

The process of change and renewal continues at
Convergence: The International Journal of Research
into New Media Technologies. Following our move to
Sage publications, there have been changes to the
editorial board, and we have a number of exciting
proposals for guest-edited themed issues to appear
over coming volumes. We expect these developments will
further confirm Convergence's status as one of the
preeminent scholarly journals in new media studies.

Regular readers and subscribers will know that, apart
from two annual special issues, Convergence publishes
two numbers a year which are open to any submissions
that fall within our remit. This is an open call for
papers for Volume 13, number 3, which will appear in
August 2007. For this issue, papers would need to be
submitted by 31st August 2006.

Papers  in areas including the following are welcome
Video games
Cable and telecomms,
Mobile media/content
Internet studies
Digital/new media art
Digital photography
VR
Control and censorship of the media
Copyright/intellectual property
New media policy
New media industries/institutions
New media history
New media in cross-cultural/international contexts
new media products
Digital TV
DVD
Digital music – recording, production, distribution,
file formats/file sharing
Cinema
gender and technology

Submission details:  Electronic submissions are
preferred via email  (Macintosh Word98 compatible)
These should be sent to the editors with the following
information attached separately: name, institution and
address for correspondence, telephone, fax and email
address. Papers should be typed on one side of the
sheet with endnotes in accordance with Sage
referencing style (see our website at
http://www.luton.ac.uk/Convergence). Refereed articles
should be between 5000-8000 words, ‘Debates ‘ pieces
should be between 1000-3000 words and Feature Reports
should be approximately 4000 words,  Authors should
also enclose a 50 word biography and an abstract.

Proposals for articles or completed papers should be
sent to: convergence at luton.ac.uk

Jason Wilson

Reviews Editor - Convergence

School of Media, Art and Design