[csaa-forum] Who won't be in Istanbul

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 13:13:00 CST 2005

Tony and all,

Just a note that the student rate for Crossroads is less than half the price
quoted in your colleague's email, at 110 euros. At the most recent AGM the
board debated how best to assist as many people as possible to attend the
conference in the most viable way, and given the difficulties of taking into
account every local and national permutation of salary and rank, at the
moment funding assistance has been made available generally (as outlined on
the homepage for the conference).
I would welcome any suggestions people may have that I can put to the board
to pursue.

I'm not sure why this person assumes that Crossroads would be any different
to other academic conferences. Is our own CSAA conference any less
prohibitive for junior staff? It is certainly near impossible for those
without institutional affiliation of any kind.

Melissa (Australia/New Zealand Rep & Organisational Secretary, ACS)

Dr. Melissa Gregg
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
and
Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies
School of English, Media Studies and Art History
The University of Queensland QLD 4072
CRICOS provider number: 00025B

phone    61 7 3346 9762
mobile   61 4 1116 5706