[csaa-forum] Fwd: please ...

Warwick Mules w.mules at cqu.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 09:13:40 CST 2005

can't see where the poll is on Santoro's web site from the URL that
was provided

Warwick

>I pass on a message from the musician Kim Sanders.
>JD
>
>>Friends,
>>
>>I try not to clog peoples' inboxes, but this is important.
>>
>>The ABC is under attack, this time by Qld Senator Santo Santoro,
>>who is running a poll on his
>>website about purported bias.
>>
>>Can you please vote and then circulate the web address
>><http://www.santosantoro.com/
>>
>>The ABC is very vulnerable in the present climate, and needs our
>>support.  Particularly so Late Night Live, the most (only?)
>>intelligent programme discussing ideas and politics, which would be
>>an ideal target for new "anti-terrorist" sedition laws.
>>Particularly so as the programme is as unpopular amongst some
>>sections of the Labour Party as the Coalition.
>>
>>Please consider writing to the ABC expressing support for LNL and
>>othe programmes now subject to increasing political pressure.
>>
>>And if you're interested in World Music, you could write and
>>support The Planet, which has already lost its daytime spot and
>>confined to the late night. When these things are presented as a
>>fait accompli, it's very hard to get them back.
>>
>>We live in troubled times, and if we do nothing things will get worse.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Kim
>

>--
>Dr James Donald
>Associate Dean (Education), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
>Professor of Film Studies, School of Media, Film and Theatre
>University of New South Wales
>Sydney
>NSW 2052
>Australia
>
>Telephone	(02)9385 4858
>Mobile		0433 126445
>Facsimile		(02)9662 2335
>
>International
>Telephone	+612 9385 4858
>Mobile		+61433 126445
>Facsimile		+612 9662 2335

Dr. Warwick Mules, Editor Transformations, http://transformations.cqu.edu.au

Cultural Studies,
Humanities, Central Queensland University
Bundaberg Campus,				email: w.mules at cqu.edu.au
Locked Bag 3333 DC				phone: 0741 507142
Bundaberg, Queensland			mobile: 04122 92541
Australia  4670				fax:   0741 507080