[csaa-forum] Desecration: a new issue of Cultural Studies Review

Chris Healy clhealy at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Apr 8 10:26:44 CST 2005

Announcing a new issue of Cultural Studies Review, vol. 11, no. 1, March 2005.

The new issue features a group of essays co-edited with us by Deborah
Rose and Peter Read, which provides our issue tag-Desecration. Other
essays include Marcus Breen's 'US Cultural Studies: Oxymoron or
Blindspots?', Nicola Evans' study of sensational trials and Ross
Chambers's poetic supplement to Peter Cary's My Life as a Fake. The
New Writing section carries two pieces by Jane Messer. Our
Provocations section showcases Iain McCalman, the outgoing president
of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, making his case for
state and popular support for the humanities and social sciences, and
Isabelle Stengers on 'ecology of practices' as a tool for thinking.
And there're reviews

Now available in all good bookstores and by subscription. Soon
available on-line through Ingenta.

Check it out at http://www.csreview.unimelb.edu.au

Stephen Muecke and Chris Healy
Co-Editors, Cultural Studies Review