[csaa-forum] Affect in cultural studies

sos01do at gold.ac.uk sos01do at gold.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 06:06:28 CST 2004

Some of you may be interested to know that some of the people associated
with the Centre for the Study of Invention and Social Process at
Goldsmiths College, University of London are interested in and working on
affect from a broadly cultural studies perspective (albeit with a Deleuze,
Tarde, Latour, Haraway et al thrown in).

I've enclose a list of speakers for a current seminar series on affect.
The website is -
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/csisp/source/overview.html

Equally, the Centre for Cultural Studies (headed by Scott Lash) at
Goldsmiths has also been pursuing some of these issues over the recent
years. Website is - http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/cultural-studies/

There are others, but I'll leave it at that!

best
David Oswell

Wednesday 8th December
4.30-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

THE POLITICS OF BAD FEELING

With Sara Ahmed

Wednesday 24th November
4.30-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

SONIC ENVELOPES: AURALITY, SUBJECTIVITY AND GEOMETRY

With Peg Rawes

Monday 22nd November
4.00-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

FEMINIST RESEARCH AND MEN'S BODIES

with Ulla-Britt Lilleaas, Department of Sociology and Human Geography,
University of Oslo

Wednesday 10th November
4.30-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

THE AFFECT OF LAW

With Kirsten Campbell

Monday 8th November
4.00-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

ETHIC OR MORALITY: THINKING BIOETHICS

with Andrea Stockl

Wednesday 27th October
4.30-6.00pm, WT 12 th Floor Seminar Room

AFFECTIO AND AFFECTUS: A WORKSHOP ON DELEUZE'S SPINOZA LECTURES'

Reading Group Discussion led by Alberto Toscano