[csaa-forum] Re: Email disclaimer

Ian Stuart istuart at eit.ac.nz
Thu Oct 14 10:24:20 CST 2004

I was not offended, I am sorry if you took that implication.

I think you make an interesting point ... and I think it is also
relevent that as individuals we have no control over what the institutes
do to our e-mails.

Ian Stuart

>>> rgarbutt at scu.edu.au 14/10/2004 12:19:01 p.m. >>>
Ian, my apologies if my post offended.  My attempted humour was not
wise.

But I am interested in the proliferation of these disclaimers and
what they actually do or change, who they are intended for and what
they are a symptom of. I can't quite believe that adding a disclaimer
to anything we write alters our or our organisation's responsibility
for what is written, nor would a disclaimer's absence diminish the
responsibility of those who wished to use an email in an
"unauthorised" manner.

But maybe I am wrong and the disclaimers work a treat. If so, should
they be added to everything written, email or otherwise, just in case
a law suit wafts our way?

Rob.

--

csaa-forum
discussion list of the cultural studies association of australasia

www.csaa.asn.au
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient,you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message or data is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify help at eit.ac.nz immediately and delete all material pertaining to
this e-mail. Thank you.