[csaa-forum] election result

Gabriela Coronado G.Coronado at uws.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 10:24:09 CST 2004

My experience of 'Democracy' is from Mexico and I am not able to vote
here. I was very surprise seeing some of the electoral practices that in
Mexico (a country trying to clean electoral fraud) are completely
unacceptable. First, a candidate cannot use resources from the
government even if it is the party in office. The voting site needs to
be clear from any party propaganda 2 days before the election. No
candidate or party representative can talk with people when they go to
vote. I thought that these practices were copied from 'DEMOCRATIC'
countries and now I realised that they are not and the opposite is just
taken from granted by Australians as acceptable behaviour. Gabriela

Dr Gabriela Coronado.

Organisational Studies, School of Management

University of Western Sydney, Australia

Phone: 61 02 9852 4126

Fax: 61 02 9852 4185

E-mail: g.coronado at uws.edu.au

Mail: Locked Bag 1797 South Penrith DC 1797