[csaa-forum] update CFP: Harry Potter Fan Fiction

Jane Glaubman glaubman at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 12:36:03 CST 2004

UPDATE: EDITED VOLUME ON HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION

DEADLINE JUNE 15

Scholars from all disciplines are invited to submit abstracts for a
proposed collection of essays about Harry Potter fan fiction.  Essays
on young writers, transnational fandom, and fan works from outside
the English-speaking world are especially needed, but all submissions
on fan works are very welcome.  Please note that the topic of this
volume is fan fiction; to be considered, all papers must at least
touch on fan writings or art.

Paper topics might include, but are by no means limited to:

* Studies focused on writing by younger authors
* Studies of the various on-line communities in which participants
exchange works and ideas
* Britishness and the Harry Potter fandom
* Fan art comics, illustrations, or doujinshi
* Studies of fan works and writings from outside the English-speaking world

This is a scholarly volume; because its audience will be
interdisciplinary, and will also include general readers, however,
all contributors should minimize their use of academic jargon.

Please send abstracts of no less than 300 words, and a brief c.v., to
glaubman at earthlink.net.  If you already have a completed paper in
hand, I would be happy to read it.  I would also appreciate a brief
note about your background and interest in the topic.  Inquiries
welcome.

Jane Glaubman
University of California, Berkeley
glaubman at earthlink.net