[csaa-forum] New Book: Gender, Feminist and Queer Studies Power, Privilege and Inequality in a Time of Neoliberal Conservatism

Randell-Moon, Holly hrandell-moon at csu.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 12:33:18 ACST 2023

Gender, Feminist and Queer StudiesPower, Privilege and Inequality in a Time of Neoliberal Conservatism
Edited By Donna Bridges<https://www.routledge.com/search?author=Donna%20Bridges>, Clifford Lewis<https://www.routledge.com/search?author=Clifford%20Lewis>, Elizabeth Wulff<https://www.routledge.com/search?author=Elizabeth%20Wulff>, Chelsea Litchfield<https://www.routledge.com/search?author=Chelsea%20Litchfield>, Larissa Bamberry<https://www.routledge.com/search?author=Larissa%20Bamberry>
Exploring scholarship, research, practice and activism on gender, feminist and queer studies, this edited collection examines, analyses and critiques the nature and causes of inequality, disadvantage and marginalisation faced by women, non-hegemonic and LGBTIQA+ identities who do not fit hegemonic notions of masculinity, femininity and heteronormativity.

Foreword by Raewyn Connell.

https://www.routledge.com/Gender-Feminist-and-Queer-Studies-Power-Privilege-and-Inequality-in-a/Bridges-Lewis-Wulff-Litchfield-Bamberry/p/book/9781032328294

Power, privilege and inequality in a time of neoliberal conservatism: an introduction, Donna Bridges, Elizabeth Wulff, Clifford Lewis, Larissa Bamberry and Chelsea Litchfield

Part I: Metanarratives and discourse: shaping inequality, Chelsea Litchfield and Larissa Bamberry

1. Re-envisioning Australian history with once silenced voices and women’s knowledge, Peta Jeffries

2. Post-racial feminism and the reaffirmation of whiteness, Holly Randell-Moon

3. A conservative church response to feminism: less power, less privilege and no equality, Ann Lazarsfeld-Jensen

4. The silencing of women’s voices in contemporary conservative evangelical churches: "Crying in my wardrobe", Nicola Lock

Part II: Masculine hegemony and heteronormativity: constructing society, Clifford Lewis and Elizabeth Wulff

5. "A boy’s own tale": using intersectional frameworks to chart the reproduction of historical discrimination in aviation, Albert J. Mills, Jane Neal-Smith and Donna Bridges

6. Masculinities, driving and women, Sarah Redshaw

7. Precarious academia: women’s employment in Australian universities, Ella Dixon, Sarah Redshaw, Elizabeth Wulff, Larissa Bamberry and Emma Rush

8. Gender, power and work: reporting psychological injuries in the Australian workplace, Charlotte Glick and Rachel Hogg

9. Masculinity, male caregiving and LGB paramedics: emotional labour and hegemonic masculinity, Brian Sengstock and Janet Curtis

Part III: Embodiment and representation: the body as a site of inequality and disadvantage, Elizabeth Wulff and Donna Bridges

10. How the gendered body is constructed in the neoliberal schooling context through discipline and healthism in contemporary physical education, Rachael Jefferson-Buchanan

11. Neoliberalism and gender inequality in the Marvel Universe, Suzie Gibson

12. Speaking up: a feminist analysis of the possibility of cultural change in women’s artistic gymnastics in Australia and England, Jaquelyn Osborne, Chelsea Litchfield and Emma Kavanagh

13. Paramedicine and workplace sexual harassment: the hidden paradox of neoliberalism, Alisha McFarlane, Hannah Stack, Sonja Maria and Donna Bridges

Part IV: Evaluating change, Donna Bridges and Chelsea Litchfield

14. A wolf in sheep’s clothing: a critical view of the post-gay in an Australian context, Clifford Lewis

15. The civility of the privileged: assessing the narrative around Australia’s marriage equality campaign, Piero Moraro

16. Making the link: secular democracy, human rights and the cases of marriage equality and abortion rights, Donna Bridges and Elizabeth Wulff

17. Men’s behaviour change programmes: addressing power, privilege and oppression in intimate partner violence, Ndungi Mungai and Merrilyn Crichton

18. Can diversity give neoliberal technoscience more than it bargained for?: LGBTQ+ researchers and queering standpoints, Steve Fifield and Will Letts. Not a conclusion but a way forward: instigating the road ahead, Clifford Lewis and Larissa Bamberry

[cid:CSU_Logo_01(1)_4d6858d2-0063-4b9a-b775-e0889d59b027.png]<http://www.csu.edu.au/>

|  ALBURY-WODONGA  |  BATHURST  |  CANBERRA  |  DUBBO  |  GOULBURN  |  ORANGE  |  PARRAMATTA  |  PORT MACQUARIE  |  WAGGA WAGGA  |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.

Charles Sturt University in Australia<http://www.csu.edu.au> The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551). Charles Sturt University - TEQSA Provider Identification: PRV12018 (Australian University). CRICOS Provider: 00005F.

Consider the environment before printing this email.