[csaa-forum] FW: Aqua MOOC launch Friday - registration closes soon!

Fiona Martin fiona.martin at sydney.edu.au
Wed Apr 6 14:57:06 ACST 2022

 Invitation
Launch of the AquaMOOC
Friday, April 8th, 2022
9:00–12:00 CET or 17.00-20.00 AEST

Climate change and extreme weather events are an ever-increasing concern on planet earth during this epoch called the Anthropocene. Water is front and centre in all these experiences from oceans rising, to increased floods and insect-borne diseases thriving in murky water. What can we do? We can all get involved in understanding how water moves around the planet, and our responsibility to sustain clean and accessible flows.

Welcome to the launch of the AquaMOOC! This MOOC is a free online learning tool for everyday citizen scientists, secondary school students, and entry level university students. Out specific focus is water, hence, the name AquaMOOC. One of the aims of the MOOC – apart from informal education – is to engage everyday citizens in research and practice through the method of participatory engagement. So, we will be inviting you to contribute to the MOOC with your own water stories, as well as register as a learning participant in the 5 Modules.

We have been building the MOOC and the curriculum for 2 years, filming water through different seasons and locations to create a diverse and inclusive water story. The original concept came from Shé, who had tried to develop something similar in Australia in 2014. It was brought to life by research funding from Austria (FWF I 4342-G) and Slovenia Research Agencies (ARRS J7-1824), for the project Surviving the Anthropocene. We thank the Department for Digital Media and Learning Technologies at the University of Innsbruck for their generosity and patience.

We now invite you to the many flows and sounds of water, as an element that is always in conversation with other elements, and of course flora, fauna and people.

For participation details please register with reingard.spannring at uibk.ac.at until April 6th 2022.

Hosts: Shé Hawke and Reingard Spannring
Respondents: Dr Teya Brooks Pribac (Australia)
Dr Clifton Evers (UK)
Professor Michael Paulsen (Denmark)

Schedule for the Launch of the AquaMOOC April 8, 2022
9.00-9.15am CET
9.15-9.45 CET
Welcome and Opening
Module 1 Introduction