[csaa-forum] MSCP Philosophy Winter School starts Monday June 14

MSCP Convenor convenor at mscp.org.au
Wed Jun 2 14:02:01 ACST 2021

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.  Please forward the following information on
to interested students and colleagues.

*MSCP Winter School 2021 : 14 short-courses taught online June-July*

All courses will be taught online via zoom for the time being.  Each class
is recorded for those unable to make the schedule.

Full course descriptions and enrolment are available on the MSCP website.
https://mscp.org.au/courses/winter-school-2021

When: 14 June - 23 July
Where: ONLINE.  All courses will be taught via Zoom.

Winter School Program

Mon 5:00-7:00pm Starts 14 Jun
Classic Films for Teenage Girls: A Deleuzean Approach to the “Woman’s Film”
of the 1940s
Lecturer: Mairead Phillips

Mon 7:30-9:30pm Starts 14 Jun
Primitive communism: The genealogy of an idea
Lecturer: Miri Davidson (with guest lectures from Dr Simon Barber,
Christina Chalmers, Cooper Francis)

Tue 5:00-7:00pm Starts 15 Jun
Towards a Genealogy of Peace: Ambrogio Lorenzetti and Pico della Mirandola
Lecturers: Dr Francesco Borghesi & Dr Andrew Benjamin

Tue 7:30-9:30pm Starts 15 Jun
Anarchy as a Way of Life
Lecturer: Dr Valery Vinogradis

Wed 5:00-7:00pm Starts 16 Jun
Living Grounds: Emergence, Complexity, and Narrative in the early 20th
Century
Lecturer: Dr Ben Woodard

Wed 7:30-9:30pm Starts 16 Jun
Philosophy under condition: how art “thinks” in Alain Badiou’s L'immanence
des vérités
Lecturer: Caitlyn Lesiuk

Thu 5:00-7:00pm Starts 17 Jun
Locating the Posthumanities
Lecturer: Dr Elese Dowden

Thu 7:30-9:30pm Starts 17 Jun
Figure, sensation, colour: Deleuze’s Francis Bacon
Lecturer: Dr Jon Roffe

Fri 5:00-7:00pm Starts 18 Jun
Luce Irigaray’s Speculum of the Other Woman
Lecturer: Eva Birch

Fri 7:30-9:30pm Starts 18 Jun
‘Who is Frantz Fanon?’ ‘Oh, my body, always make me a man who questions’
Lecturer: Steven Corcoran

12:00-2:00pm 19-23 Jul
The New Receptions of Jacques Derrida
Lecturer: Dr Peter Gratton

2:30-4:30pm 19-23 Jul
The Freudian Subject: A Radical Reappraisal
Lecturer: Jen Izaakson

5:00-7:00pm 19-23 Jul
Subterranean Passages: The Gothic and Philosophy
Lecturer: Dr Gregory Marks

7:30-9:30pm 19-23 Jul
The Thought of Georges Bataille
Lecturer: Dr Nina Power

https://mscp.org.au/courses/winter-school-2021

--
MSCP Convenor,
Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy.