[csaa-forum] Fw: Tribute to Mark McLelland

Elizabeth Stephens e.stephens at uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 10 13:17:04 ACST 2021

Posted by request.

Members of the list may be interested in this roundtable paying tribute to Professor Mark McLelland, whose work in Japanese Queer Studies made an important contribution to Cultural Studies over many years. The event is scheduled to take place on Thursday February 25. Further details in the link.

https://www.asianstudies.org/jobs-professional-resources/aas-digital-dialogues/queering-our-worlds-a-tribute-to-mark-mclelland/?fbclid=IwAR2sUov7Ct8ygXIHCC3T0N_jAX0zUpfXA4e1Ov5X0NjBJjRGHROahV3Iyqg
[https://www.asianstudies.org/wp-content/uploads/AAS-Digital-Dialogue-Website-Image-FINAL.png]<https://www.asianstudies.org/jobs-professional-resources/aas-digital-dialogues/queering-our-worlds-a-tribute-to-mark-mclelland/?fbclid=IwAR2sUov7Ct8ygXIHCC3T0N_jAX0zUpfXA4e1Ov5X0NjBJjRGHROahV3Iyqg>
Queering Our Worlds: A Tribute to Mark McLelland - Association for Asian Studies<https://www.asianstudies.org/jobs-professional-resources/aas-digital-dialogues/queering-our-worlds-a-tribute-to-mark-mclelland/?fbclid=IwAR2sUov7Ct8ygXIHCC3T0N_jAX0zUpfXA4e1Ov5X0NjBJjRGHROahV3Iyqg>
Thursday, February 25, 20217:00-8:30pm Eastern Time Co-sponsored by Japanese Studies Association of AustraliaConsulting organizers: Vera Mackie and James Welker Mark McLelland (1966-2020) was a pioneering scholar, whose work served as an inspiration to so many people in various fields—Japan Studies, Queer Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Cyberculture Studies, and more. This memorial roundtable captures some of […]
www.asianstudies.org

With best wishes,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Stephens
ARC Future Fellow/Associate Professor of Cultural Studies
President, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities
University of Queensland Australia 4072
T: + 61 7 3365 7183 E: e.stephens at uq.edu.au  W: http://uq.academia.edu/ElizabethStephens<https://exchange.uq.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=c9c1382619904792917762425ca21fe4&URL=http%3a%2f%2fuq.academia.edu%2fElizabethStephens>
UQ ALLY:  Supporting the diversity of sexuality and gender at UQ<https://staff.uq.edu.au/information-and-services/human-resources/diversity/sexuality/ally-network>.

New book: Normality: A Critical Genealogy
http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/N/bo26955753.html

This online seminar in honour of Mark McLelland may be of interest.
Vera Mackie