[csaa-forum] "Race, Gender, and Black Lives Don’t Matter in the Age of COVID," now available on YouTube.

Baden Offord baden.offord at curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 18:15:15 ACST 2020

Dear CSAA colleagues,

The 2020 Curtin University Annual Human Rights Lecture, presented by Dean Adrien K. Wing on "Race, Gender, and Black Lives Don’t Matter in the Age of COVID," is now available on YouTube.

Professor Wing's lecture in her words: "I use my own narrative as a Black woman who has had 13 relatives with the virus in New York, 3 who have died. Plus, I have 16 relatives down south in Texas with the virus as well. I discuss how the upcoming elections affect the whole nightmarish scenario. My solutions involve a dream of a new America that will be committed to domestic and international human rights and re-takes its place within the international community."

Includes Welcome to Country by Ms. Ingrid Cumming, Nyungar Cultural Advisor to Curtin University. The Lecture is Moderated by Dr Lisa Hartley of the Centre for Human Rights Education, with Introduction to the speaker by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor John Cordery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cvA_RswBIM&feature=youtu.be

Best wishes

Baden

Professor Baden Offord, PhD
Haruhisa Handa Chair of Human Rights
Director | Centre for Human Rights Education
Research Professor of Cultural Studies and Human Rights

School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
Faculty of Humanities
Curtin University
T: | +61 8 9266 7186
E: | baden.offord at curtin.edu.au
E: | badenofford29 at gmail.com
W|http://humanrights.curtin.edu.au<http://humanrights.curtin.edu.au/>
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA)

I acknowledge the Whadjuk people of the Noongar nation on whose lands Curtin University stands. I pay my respects to all Indigenous custodians of the lands across Australia.