[csaa-forum] CORRECTION: Reimagining Home in the 21st century

Justine Humphry justine.humphry at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:56:04 ACST 2017

Reimagining Home in the 21st Century
*Co-presented with the **Department of Media and Communications*
<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=twGqjybK9432L5VoVZg393XbdJ-sNpZeQvKVkW9nz69cQti4sQPVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fsydney.edu.au%2farts%2fmedia_communications%2f>

Is home a closed-off and self-sufficient place, or can it be reimagined to
be where we find our connections to others and the world?

By exploring home in relation to the figure of the stranger and public
space, as well as with a focus on practices of dwelling and materialities,
the authors of Reimagining Home in the 21st Century
<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=sUptY5ZBozSsLhDrTP3HJ6f9ypB4D0GvXlDOMT11cbZcQti4sQPVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fprotect-au.mimecast.com%2fs%2fM41aBLU5ZnmNcw%3fdomain%3de-elgar.com>
demonstrate
that thinking differently about home advances our understanding of
belonging as a social process in which we are all implicated.

Join us for a panel discussion with some of the contributors as they
suggest that our home does not ‘belong’ to us, rather we ‘belong’ to home.

THE SPEAKERS:

   - *Associate Professor Ellie Vasta*, Department of Sociology, Macquarie
   University
   - *Dr Justine Lloyd*, Lecturer, Department of Sociology, Macquarie
   University
   - *Professor Greg Noble*, Institute for Culture and Society, Western
   Sydney University
   - *Dr Justine Humphry*, Lecturer in Digital Cultures, Digital Cultures
   Program, Department of Media and Communications, Faculty of Arts and Social
   Sciences
   - *Professor Heather Horst*, Department of Media and Communications,
   Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the University of Sydney

Thursday 28 September
6 to 7.30pm
Philosophy Room,
The Quadrangle
University of Sydney
*University Map*
<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=OXnwG13N6BDrSGxJCwNtBz4KZ4BOwq4mvLUc6yspgQJcQti4sQPVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fsydney.edu.au%2fmaps%2fcampuses%2f%3farea%3dCAMDAR%26code%3dA14>
RSVP

Free and open to all, with online registration essential. Register online
now
<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=otV3ZnQ2tu9OWQKQU12NPlqooCjwdLDHyAuoL4CORRpcQti4sQPVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fprotect-au.mimecast.com%2fs%2fOv16Blf7kogqFe%3fdomain%3deventbrite.com.au>