[csaa-forum] FW: Poetics and Politics of Documentary Symposium & Practice and/as Media Industry Research Symposium, UK, June 2017.

Antonio Traverso A.Traverso at curtin.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 13:58:51 ACST 2017

See below information about two UK symposia that may be of interest, please forward to HDR students:

The Poetics and Politics of Documentary Symposium will be held at the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts, University of Sussex, Falmer/Brighton, UK, between 2nd and 4th June, 2017. Keynote Speakers: John Greyson and Eyal Sivan.

Web: http://reframe.sussex.ac.uk/poetics-and-politics-2017/programme/

ABSTRACTS DEADLINE: 31 January 2017.

The Journal of Media Practice and MeCCSA Practice Network Annual Symposium will take place at Bath Spa University's Newton Park campus, in the World Heritage City of Bath, UK, on Thursday 8th June 2017. The symposium explores the theme of 'Practice and/as Media Industry Research'. We invite proposals for either practice presentations, scholarly papers, media artworks or short films. We are particularly interested in proposals for practice works that have benefitted from collaboration with academics and industry. Three travel bursaries for PhD students confirmed to present will be offered.

Web: http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/liberal-arts/research/media-convergence-research-centre/meccsa-practice-network-symposium-2017/

PROPOSALS DEADLINE: 24 March 2017.