[csaa-forum] DMRC Summer School, 6-10 Feb 2017, applications due!

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Fri Oct 14 22:02:14 ACST 2016

Dear colleagues

The deadline for applications to the DMRC Summer School is almost upon us (technically it’s today but we can still accept applications for another few days).

As with the previous CCI Digital Methods summer and winter schools that we’ve run, we have had very strong interest from all over the world, but fewer Australian applications than we’d expect. The same thing happened last year, but we did get a flurry of high quality applications from elsewhere in Australia after I sent around a reminder, so I’m doing it again.

The application process is very lightweight, and only takes a few minutes via an online form available at http://dmrcss.org .

All the essential information is available at http://dmrcss.org – but in brief, this year the focus is on digital media, communication and culture research quite broadly, although plenty of digital methods workshops on offer as well. Guest facilitators include Julian Thomas, Nancy Baym and Patricia Aufderheide. This year we have restricted eligibility to post-confirmation PhD students and early career scholars up to 5 years post-PhD.

Cheers
Jean

Professor Jean Burgess
http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/burgesje
Ph: +617 3138 8253 | Email: je.burgess at qut.edu.au<mailto:je.burgess at qut.edu.au> | Twitter: http://twitter.com/jeanburgess
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=dfpq_bkAAAAJ&hl=en

Centre Director | QUT Digital Media Research Centre
Creative Industries Faculty | Queensland University of Technology
Z1-515 | Musk Ave | Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
Website: www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc<http://www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc> | Twitter: @qutdmrc | Centre email: dmrc at qut.edu.au<mailto:dmrc at qut.edu.au>