[csaa-forum] RMIT Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships/ Senior Fellowships

TANIA LEWIS tania.lewis at rmit.edu.au
Wed Aug 3 09:23:14 ACST 2016

Hi all

Please see details of our VC Fellowships below.

Cheers

Tania

Dear colleagues

RMIT University has just opened the 2016 round of applications for
*Vice-Chancellor’s
Research Fellowships and Senior Research Fellowships.* The Digital
Ethnography Research Centre at RMIT encourages applications from globally
leading scholars interested in working with us through such fellowships.
Please see here for more information about the Fellowships:
http://www.rmit.edu.au/content/rmit-ui/en/research/research-expertise/our-reputation/people/outstanding-research-fellowship-schemes/vice-chancellors-research-fellowships

The *Digital Ethnography Research Centre* (DERC) focuses on understanding a
contemporary world where digital and mobile technologies are increasingly
inextricable from the environments and relationships in which everyday life
plays out. DERC excels in both academic scholarship and in our applied work
with external partners from industry and other sectors.

DERC approaches this world and how we experience it through innovative,
reflexive and ethical ethnographic approaches, developed through
anthropology, media and cultural studies, design, arts and documentary
practice and games research.

Our research is incisive, interventional and internationally leading. Going
beyond the call of pure academia we combine academic scholarship with
applied practice to produce research, analysis and dissemination projects
that are innovative and based on ethnographic insights. For details, about
DERC see http://www.digital-ethnography.net/the-people/

--
Sarah Pink
RMIT Distinguished Professor

--
Associate Professor Tania Lewis
Deputy Dean Research and Innovation

www.rmit.edu.au/staff/tania-lewis

rmit.academia.edu/TaniaLewis

*Recent publications*

Telemodernities: Television and Transforming Lives in Asia
<https://www.dukeupress.edu/telemodernities>

Lifestyle media in Asia
<https://www.routledge.com/Lifestyle-Media-in-Asia-Consumption-Aspiration-and-Identity/Martin-Lewis/p/book/9781138831452>

Ethical consumers and sustainability citizenship
<https://www.routledge.com/products/9781138933637>

Adventures in love, risk and romance: Navigating post-traditional social
relations on Indian dating shows
<http://ecs.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/04/20/1367549416640551.abstract>

Inside Out: A Diasporic Narrative (on Stuart Hall)
<https://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journals/index.php/csrj/issue/view/379>

Digital ethnography: Principles and practices
<https://au.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/digital-ethnography/book243111%20>

Environmental Equity: Building policy and practice for the EPA, Victoria
<http://apo.org.au/resource/environmental-equity-building-policy-and-practice-epa-victoria>

*Research Projects*
www.ethicalconsumption.org/
www.telemodernities.org/