[csaa-forum] CSAA Mentorship Scheme: call for 2015 mentors

Elizabeth Stephens Elizabeth.Stephens at scu.edu.au
Mon Jan 19 14:57:53 ACST 2015

Dear colleagues,

The CSAA is once again preparing to invite applications for this year's mentorship scheme.

The aim of this scheme is to support the professional development of early career CSAA members, especially those in regional locations, casual positions, or without formal institutional support. Mentorship provides a rewarding way to support colleagues who are struggling in the current climate of professional academia.

This year we are hoping to widen the pool of available mentors, in order to match research interests as closely as possible.

If you are interested in participating in this scheme as a mentor, we would love to hear from you!  You can email me at: elizabeth.stephens at scu.edu.au.

Mentors would offer to email/talk with their mentees once a month or so, between March and November.  Mentees will be required to provide in advance a clear account of what they would like to get out of the scheme, and what their goals for the year are.  The scheme is open to members only.

We will be calling for applications for mentees next month.

If you have any questions about this scheme, please contact me at the above email address.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Stephens
Associate Professor in Cultural Studies