[csaa-forum] seeking families for RMIT-KPMG study on digital media use

TANIA LEWIS tania.lewis at rmit.edu.au
Thu Jan 16 09:00:02 CST 2014

Dear Csaa-ers
We (a team of media researchers at RMIT) are currently recruiting rural
families in NSW and Victoria (we're looking for families with small and/or
teenaged children) for a study of household digital media use we're doing
with KPMG.

All participating families receive an ipad mini (or another device of
similar value) to thank them for their time.

If you know of any families who might be interested in participating please
pass on my details (Tania.Lewis at rmit.edu.au) or the details of the postdoc
on the project (victor.albert at rmit.edu.au) to the family concerned.

I've included some more details re the project below.
Thanks!
Tania

Do you or members of your family use digital technology on a daily basis?
Do you have high speed broadband, and is the internet, smartphones and
social media part of your everyday life? Would you like to take part in a
study of digital media in the home?

We are currently recruiting a limited number of households from Victoria
and NSW to take part in a research project called Digital Rhythms: an
ethnographic study of digital content in Australia run by RMIT in
conjunction with the global auditing firm, KPMG. The project aims to
capture the everyday digital media use of a small group of households, from
single households to extended families. As part of the study we would like
to make a total of three visits to your house and spend time with you and
your family/co-habitants talking about how you use digital media and the
role it plays in your day-to-day life. To thank you for participating in
the project after the third visit you will receive an iPad mini or another
device of similar value.

If you are interested in participating or would like to find out more about
the study, please contact:

Dr Victor Albert
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
victor.albert at rmit.edu.au

--
Associate Professor Tania Lewis
Vice Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow

ph: +61 3 9925 2406
fax: +61 3 9639 1685
email: tania.lewis at rmit.edu.au

web: www.rmit.edu.au/staff/tania-lewis