[csaa-forum] FWSA student essay competition

Elizabeth Stephens e.stephens at uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 13 20:30:41 CST 2013

***Please Circulate Widely***

Dear Students, Colleagues and Members,

The FWSA is delighted to announce that we are now accepting submissions for our 10th anniversary student essay competition. To encourage a new generation of feminist scholars, the FWSA sponsors an annual student essay competition for work which is innovative, interdisciplinary and grounded in feminist theory and practice. The top seven entries will be judged by our anniversary judging panel and will be published in the Journal of International Women’s Studies. In addition, the winner will receive a year’s free FWSA membership and a publisher’s prize.

The theme for the competition is ‘New Directions in Feminist Studies- Activisms, Emotions, Intersectionality’.

Students at any stage of their studies at a British or Irish university are encouraged to submit work that has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Essays can be on this general theme or can focus on a sub-theme e.g. Activisms. Entries should be 7,000 words (including footnotes and bibliography), must be submitted electronically and including a completed competition coversheet.

The deadline for this year’s competition is 12th December 2013. The winning entries will be announced in Summer 2014.

Please submit the essays electronically to administrator at fwsa.org.uk

For detailed entry requirements, guidelines, the competition coversheet, and joining options please email administrator at fwsa.org.uk

Best wishes

Bridget Lockyer

Elizabeth Stephens
Deputy Director
ARC Senior Research Fellow
Centre for the History of European Discourses
University of Queensland
St Lucia Australia 4072
Email: e.stephens at uq.edu.au
Phone: + 61 7 3346 9493