[csaa-forum] Australasian Consortium of Humanities Research Centres

Tully Barnett tully.barnett at flinders.edu.au
Thu Jun 6 09:37:40 CST 2013

The Australasian Consortium of Humanities Research Networks (ACHRC) is a network designed to bring together people working in Humanities-based research centres into a network of information, opportunities and advocacy. Since 2011, we have built a strong organisation with representation at national and international events, supported by a robust advisory board. Our website http://www.achrc.net is a clearinghouse for information about Humanities research, news and opportunities.

Our annual meeting, a two-day symposium, is a crucial opportunity for networking and advocacy for Humanities research. This year's theme Spaces and Networks for the Humanities: Building Research Environments<http://achrc.net/annual-meetings> will give us an opportunity to discuss the role of impact and research environment for the Humanities, the Digital Humanities, communicating research, collaborating with collecting institutions, collaborating with and between regional institutions, and the response of the Humanities to the Asian Century White Paper. This year the meeting will be hosted at the Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Western Australia, with a national and international cast of panellists including Alan Liu, UCSB, Masashi Haneda, University of Tokyo, Andrew Jaspan, editor of The Conversation, Marian Simms, from the ARC and Carmen Lawrence.

The meeting will provide space to advance the way we talk about what it is that we do in the Humanities, broadly defined.

Two pre-meetings will be hosted on Sunday 7 July. One will discuss issues pertinent to Centre directors, associate directors and centre manager such as surviving Centre review processes, and the other will be a survival skills for early-career researchers and postgraduates.

More information can be found at http://www.ias.uwa.edu.au/conf/2013-achrc