[csaa-forum] Reminder: Journalism and Media Research Centre Seminar 21 June

Kath Albury k.albury at unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 10:12:51 CST 2012

Nick Couldry: What are we DOING with Media?

Thursday, June 21, 2012
1:00pm until 3:00pm
Webster Rm 327, University of NSW

What practices, and families of practices, are emerging in and around what we do with and in relation to media? As the object 'media' changes, so too are the forms of life that involve media. But to grasp what we are doing means taking a distance from the hype about 'new media' and asking broader questions about the new and continuing action-possibilities associated with today's mediated interfaces.

With his new book Media, Society, World: Social Theory and Digital Media Practice just off the press, Nick Couldry, Professor of Media and Communications at Goldsmiths, University of London, will be speaking about his latest ideas on “doing things with the media”.

Nick Couldry’s trip to Australia has been generously supported by The Communication, Politics and Culture Research Centre at RMIT University and The ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation.

Dr Kath Albury
Academic Coordinator, Master of Journalism and Communication
Journalism and Media Research Centre
University of New South Wales
SYDNEY NSW 2052
Telephone: 61 2 9385 8533
Fax: 61 2 9385 8528.
http://www.kathalbury.com
UNSW CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G ABN: 57 195 873 179