[csaa-forum] MSCP Winter School and Evening School Semester 2 (Deleuze and Philosophy as a Way of Life)

MSCP - James Garrett convenor at mscp.org.au
Tue Jun 12 09:46:41 CST 2012

Please forward the following information to interested students and
colleagues.

 http://www.mscp.org.au [1]

 Firstly a reminder that the
MSCP Winter School 2012 begins in 1 week. Three of the courses are
available for distance enrolment.

 WINTER SCHOOL EVENING COURSES:

Freedom, Knowledge and the Philosophy of the Young Rudolf Steiner (David
John Sweeney)*
 The Antichrist Saints (Ross Barham)*
 Philosophising
Cinematic Montage (Daniel Fairfax)

 WINTER SCHOOL DAY COURSES:
 Poetry,
Philosophy, Politics: Julia Kristeva's Revolution in Poetic Language
(Robert Boncardo)*
 The Foundations of Modernity: Readings in Early
Modern Philosophy (Dr Martin Black)
 Plato on the Soul, Being and eros:
A Discussion of the Parmenides, Symposium, and Phaedo (Dr Martin
Black)

 * Available for distance enrolment.

 The MSCP is excited to
launch the Evening School curriculum for second semester 2012. Both
courses are available for distance enrolment.

 EVENING SCHOOL SEMESTER
2, 2012
 12 Mondays: Deleuze Seminar Part 3: Difference and Repetition
and A Thousand Plateaus (Dr Jon Roffe)*
 10 Wednesdays: Philosophy as a
Way of Life from The Stoics to Nietzsche (Dr Matthew Sharpe)*

 Full
Details and Enrolment: http://www.mscp.org.au [2]

 About the MSCP:

The Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy is an independent
teaching and research organisation housed by the School of Historical
and Philosophical Studies at the University of Melbourne. The MSCP
teaches short courses during the summer and winter university holiday
periods and evening courses during semester. We also run single day
research workshops in autumn and spring, organise reading groups and
work to encourage and support philosophical thinking in the community.
Everyone is welcome to attend our courses, and our teachers are free to
teach on whatever subject they wish. The MSCP is a non-profit
organisation.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.mscp.org.au