[csaa-forum] HERDC/ERA criteria

Paul Magee paul.magee at canberra.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 15:35:13 CST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Isn¹t it funny how moves designed to import market-like efficiencies
(Œaccountability¹) into the public sector result in situations reminiscent
of nothing so much as the Soviet Union? My bid is that we stop referring to
mechanisms like the ERA as Œneo-liberal¹ and stop talking about things like
the new voucher system  as Œcapitalist¹ (unless, that is, we have in mind
Moishe Postone¹s description of the Soviet Union as Œthe most rigid,
vulnerable and oppressive form of state capitalism¹...).

Here¹s to truth in advertising

Best

Dr Paul Magee

Associate Professor of Poetry
Faculty of Arts and Design
University of Canberra
ACT 2601

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K