[csaa-forum] Crossroads in HK proposal deadline Dec 31

Melissa Gregg mgregg at usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 9 12:33:35 CST 2009

CROSSROADS IN HONG KONG 2010 - LATEST UPDATE

Call for Proposals – Dec 31st deadline, ACT NOW!
New Plenary Speaker, New Session Topics & more…

The 8th international Crossroads in Cultural Studies Conference will be held
in Hong Kong June 17-21 2010. Hosted by Lingnan University, a distinctive
liberal arts institution, and organized by its Dept of Cultural Studies and
Kwan Fong Cultural Research & Development Programme, this is the first time
this important academic gathering to be held in Asia Pacific.  Below is the
latest update:

.   New Plenary Speaker - We are very pleased to have Dr Kara Keeling from
the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts as one of our
plenary speakers.  Find out more about Dr Keeling and our other speakers
from our conference website

.   Interesting and innovative new sessions calling for your papers:
Material Culture, Rethinking Suburban Cultures, Cultural Laboratories &
Scientific Cultures, (Re)presenting the “Black” Diaspora, Enterprising
Culture, and many more. Please see the session abstracts at:
http://www.crossroads2010.org/panel_session.html

.   Cutting-edge topics, financial assistance scheme, low cost accommodation
and many more. Please visit our conference website
http://www.crossroads2010.org for details.

.   SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSALS NOW. Deadline Dec 31 2009.  Please check the
submission guidelines at:
http://www.crossroads2010.org/panel_and_paper_proposals.html

.   ONLINE REGISTRATION is READY. Act now to catch the Early Bird Discount
and the Special Student Rate.  Details at
http://www.crossroads2010.org/registration_details.html

.   NETWORK with your international peers in Hong Kong!  Please help forward
this message to your colleagues and friends.

Since its inception in 1996 in Tampere, Finland, the Crossroads in Cultural
Studies Conference has filled a significant gap in the global academic
community. It is now a key international conference in cultural studies
where scholars from all five continents get together regularly to exchange
research outputs, critical viewpoints and scholarly insights. Organized by
the Association for Cultural Studies (ACS), this biannual conference has
been previously held in Birmingham in UK, Illinois in USA, Istanbul in
Turkey and Kingston in Jamaica.

Prof Stephen C K Chan        Prof Meaghan Morris         Prof John Erni
Conference Director          Academic Director    Deputy Conference Director

Crossroads 2010 Organizing Committee, Lingnan University, Hong Kong

Website: http://www.crossroads2010.org
Email-Enquiry: crossroads2010 at LN.edu.hk

Dr Melissa Gregg

Lecturer in Gender and Cultural Studies
School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
Quadrangle Building A14
University of Sydney NSW 2006

p 02 9351 3657 | m 0408 599 359 | e mel.gregg at usyd.edu.au

http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/departs/gcs/staff/profiles/mgregg.shtml

Enrol in our NEW Master of Cultural Studies:
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/departs/gcs/postgrad/coursework.shtml