[csaa-forum] JRNL ANNOUNCEMENT Parrhesia 6

Ashley Woodward phallacy at tpg.com.au
Sun Jun 7 12:44:22 CST 2009

PARRHESIA: A JOURNAL OF CRITICAL PHILOSOPHY
parrhesiajournal.org

The editors of Parrhesia are pleased to announce the publication of Vol
6 of the journal. Please find a contents page below. We would be
grateful if you could distribute this email far and wide. Do keep
Parrhesia in mind for future publications and look out for vol 7 later
this year which will be our first special issue, on the work of Gilbert
Simondon.

VOLUME 6

FEATURES

Cinema as a Democratic Emblem
Alain Badiou, translated by Alex Ling and Aurélien Mondon

The Desert Island and the Missing People
Vanessa Brito, translated by Justin Clemens

Althusser and the concept of the spontaneous philosophy of scientists
Pierre Macherey, translated by Robin Mackay

68 + 1: Lacan's année érotique
Jean-Michel Rabaté

ESSAYS

The Nihilistic Affirmation of Life: Biopower and Biopolitics in The Will
to Knowledge
Keith Crome

In the Middle
Sean Gaston

REVIEWS

Martin Hägglund, Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life
Danielle Sands

'Without wanting to push the analysis further ...': Jean-Michel Rabaté
and the Materialities of Theory
Pieter Vermeulen

parrhesiajournal.org