[csaa-forum] FW: Third Critical Studies Conference, 11-12 September 2009

Brett Neilson B.Neilson at uws.edu.au
Mon Feb 16 17:51:33 CST 2009

Dear Colleague,

About five years ago the Calcutta Research Group (CRG) started hosting meetings to link with various strands of critical thinking on issues of our time and having great stakes in our lives.

The First Critical Studies Conference (July 2005) deliberated on What is Autonomy? The Second Critical Studies Conference (September 2007) focused on Spheres of Justice. Research papers, discussion notes, commentaries, and volumes came out of these meets. More important, besides large number of participants from within India, scholars and thinkers from various countries cutting across the post-colonial divides attended the two deliberations, and were able to forge links and exchange ideas.

The Third Critical Studies Conference will be held in Kolkata on 11-12 September 2009. The theme is -

Empires, States, and Migration.

Responses and inquiries are welcome. Kindly also circulate the notification. For details of the announcement, please visit the CRG website - www.mcrg.ac.in <http://www.mcrg.ac.in>

Looking forward to your participation,

Best

Ranabir Samaddar

Director, Mahanirban Calcutta Research Group
GC 45 (First Floor), Sector 3, Salt Lake
Kolkata 700106, India
Ph: + 91-33-23370408
Fax: + 91-33-23371523
E-mail: ranabir at mcrg.ac.in <mailto:ranabir at mcrg.ac.in> ; mcrg at mcrg.ac.in <mailto:mcrg at mcrg.ac.in>