[csaa-forum] Call for institutions to host CSAA Annual Conference 2009

Paul Magee paul.magee at canberra.edu.au
Tue Aug 5 08:53:59 CST 2008

Dear CSAA Members,

I¹m looking forward to catching up at CSAA 2008 (ŒFutures¹), over December
6-9, in Kalgoorlie (http://www.csaa2008.curtin.edu.au). But for now, this is
a call for expressions of interest from institutions wishing to host the
Cultural Studies Association of Australasia¹s Annual Conference for 2009.

Hosting a conference involves quite a lot of work, but it¹s also a lot of
fun, not to mention a good way to build one¹s CV for job applications,
promotions and so forth. More seriously, it¹s the chance to set the
community¹s intellectual agenda, by centring debate on the themes you want
discussed.

Feel free to contact me with any questions about the sorts of things hosting
a CSAA conference involves.

As for how to make a bid: keeping in mind that the conference regularly
attracts some 120-200 academics, you should include in your 1-2 page bid
some provisional details as to the proposed location for the conference, the
level of institutional support you expect to receive, the theme you have in
mind, and also some ideas as to which keynote speakers you might wish to
invite.

Please submit bids by the 25th of August 2008 to paul.magee at canberra.edu.au.
They will be voted upon by the CSAA executive in the ensuing weeks.

Best

Paul

Dr. Paul Magee

President, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
Senior Lecturer
Design and Creative Practice
University of Canberra
ACT 2601

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K