[csaa-forum] After Convergence - Issue 13 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now

Andrew Murphie andrew.murphie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:07:19 CST 2008

After Convergence - Issue 13 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now

Edited by Caroline Bassett (University of Sussex, UK), Maren Hartmann
(University of the Arts Berlin, Germany), Kate O'Riordan (University of
Sussex, UK)

http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue13/

After convergence: what connects? Making this question the subject of this
special issue we set out to address two questions at once. The first was:
'Are we after convergence?' and by this we meant to invite explorations of
the exhaustion of the original convergence model. The second was: 'What kind
of convergence are we after?' Which is to say what kind of convergence do we
want?
--

Adrian Mackenzie - Wirelessness as Experience of Transition

David M. Berry - A Contribution Towards A Grammar of Code

Jonathan Sterne, Jeremy Morris, Michael Brendan Baker and Ariana Moscote
Freire - The Politics of Podcasting

Caroline Bassett - New Maps for Old?: The Cultural Stakes of '2.0'

Teodor Mitew - Repopulating the Map: Why Subjects and Things are Never Alone

Aylish Wood - Proliferating Connections and Communicating Convergence

Helen Thornham - Making games? Towards a theory of domestic videogaming
--

The Fibreculture Journal is affiliated with the Open Humanities Press -
http://openhumanitiespress.org/

--
"Take me to the operator, I want to ask some questions" - Barbara
Morgenstern

"A traveller, who has lost his way, should not ask, Where am I? What he
really wants to know is, Where are the other places" - Alfred North
Whitehead

"I thought I had reached port; but I seemed to be cast back again into the
open sea" (Deleuze and Guattari, after Leibniz)

Andrew Murphie - Associate Professor
School of English, Media and Performing Arts, University of New South Wales,
Sydney, Australia, 2052
Editor - The Fibreculture Journal http://journal.fibreculture.org/>
web:
http://www.andrewmurphie.org/