[csaa-forum] ERA

Katrina Schlunke Katrina.Schlunke at uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 14 10:31:44 CST 2008

Dear All

The correspondence on ERA ranked journals has so far ignored Cultural
Studies Review  which has been awarded an 'A' listing. We are also an
international journal that is published and managed within Australia
but outside the American and UK publishing houses such as Taylor and
Francis, Sage and Routledge. We are very proud of our editorial
standards and put a great deal of very hard work into maintaining and
expanding our intellectual focus and international ethos.

We have been seeking a direct association with CSAA for some time but
have been hampered by our lack of flexibility with pricing that the
larger publishers can offer. That is, so far CSAA members have been
able to get more copies of Continuum per year than we could supply of
Cultural Studies Review for the same price. But this should not mean
that we are not seen as a key Australian Cultural Studies journal
that publishes for this Cultural Studies community and depends upon
it for our extensive reviewing and refereeing work. We will continue
to seek closer alignment with the CSAA.

Could we please therefore take this opportunity to thank all of those
on the CSAA list and beyond who have enabled Cultural Studies Review
to gain an 'A' listing because you have been willing to give so much
of your often unrecognised time to the tasks of writing considered
referees reports, responding positively to requests for reviews and
for coming forward with suggestions for focussed editions and
changes. It is upon your work that any journal reputation is built.

Warm regards
Katrina Schlunke
John Frow

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If

Think. Green. Do.