[csaa-forum] Fwd: faculty position: global Culture-Media-Technology-Information

Devleena Ghosh devleena.ghosh at uts.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 09:47:28 CST 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: International Studies Dept <intl at macalester.edu>
> Date: 25 September 2007 4:13:56 AM
> To: devleena.ghosh at uts.edu.au
> Subject: faculty position: global Culture-Media-Technology-Information
>
> Dear Colleague:
>
> The International Studies Department at Macalester College is
> currently searching for an Assistant or Associate Professor in
> global Culture, Media, Technology and Information Flows, with a
> variety of geographic and disciplinary emphases.
>
> We thought that this position might be of interest to you or to
> others whom you know.  Would you be so kind as to forward and/or
> circulate this notice as appropriate?
>
> Yours cordially,
>
>      -- David Chioni Moore
>          Department Chair
> -------------------
> Assistant/Associate Professor of International Studies
>           Culture, Media, Technology and Information Flows
>

> The International Studies Department at Macalester College seeks to
> appoint
> an Assistant or Associate Professor in Culture, Media, Technology, and
> Information Flows. A vibrant department at the heart of the College's
> mission, Macalester's International Studies approaches a broad
> range of
> global phenomena from multiple disciplinary, regional, and
> trans-national perspectives.
>
> Successful candidates will be effective teachers and scholars in
> fields including
> (but not limited to) global media industries and institutions,
> video/television/film, the Internet, worldwide news and
> information, or
> cross-border images and media. The history, sources, practices,
> circulation, audiences, aesthetics, politics, and gender and racial
> dimensions of information and media are all of interest. Candidates
> trained in any humanities or social science field, including (but not
> limited to) anthropology, communication, cultural studies, history,
> literature, media studies, sociology, and technology studies, are
> encouraged to apply. A global perspective is central to International
> Studies. Within that perspective, however, we seek candidates with
> particular strengths in South, Southeast, or East Asia, the Islamic
> world, globalizing Europe, and/or Latin America.  PhD in hand by
> August
> 2008.  This position will have a formal curricular link to the
> Humanities, Media, and Cultural Studies Department, and candidates are
> encouraged to visit both departments at www.macalester.edu.
>
> The appointment will begin September 2008. For fullest consideration,
> send initial applications, consisting of detailed introductory letter
> and CV, to David Chioni Moore, Chair, International Studies,
> Macalester
> College, 1600 Grand Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105 USA. Email queries (but
> not
> applications) to mooredc at macalester.edu. Applications received by
> [...]

(Dr) Devleena Ghosh
Senior Lecturer, Social Inquiry Program
(University Research Centre for Communication and Culture)
Bon Marche (Bldg 3), room 550 (enter via Harris St)

Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Technology, Sydney
Australia

Postal address: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
Phone and Voice Mail: +61-2-95141963
Fax: +61-2-95142778
www.transforming.cultures.uts.edu.au