[csaa-forum] Activity

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Sun Jul 15 22:26:51 CST 2007

Hi all

With respect to the recent discussions about activity with respect to
interventions in NT, just a note that on 14th July community leader
Pat Turner from the Combined Aboriginal Organisations called for
everyone to write to their member of parliament, asking them to
ensure that any new legislation did not change the Northern Territory
Land Act or revoke the permit system under the ruse of protecting
Aboriginal children. I would urge everyone to do this and to
familiarise themselves with the commentary on the issues coming from
Prof Larissa Behrendt and others in the National Indigenous Times
(her classic piece on Brough from the new issue is not yet on the
website <http://www.nit.com.au>, but will be soon and there is a lot
of other great material there already) and keep up to date with
Indigenous sources, as the reporting from white media on this land
grab has been shameful.

As for cultural studies, I support Kiley's comments, but more on that
another time...

Cheers,

Danny

--