[csaa-forum] Precarious

Andrew Dunstall AndrewD at allenandunwin.com
Tue Jul 3 15:52:15 CST 2007

Incidently,

Kiley mentioned Aileen Moreton-Robinson... she has a new book out -Sovereign Subjects- a collection of Indigenous authors writing on Indigenous sovereignty.

Info on the book is here: http://www.allenandunwin.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?ISBN=9781741147247

Cheers,
Andrew

______________________________
Andrew Dunstall
Academic Co-ordinator
Professional & Reference
Allen & Unwin Book Publishers
p: +61 (0)2 8425 0149
f:  +61 (0)2 9906 2218

>>> kiley gaffney <k.gaffney at uq.edu.au> 03/07/2007 3:38 pm >>>

Mark and others,

I think we should all be a little wary of the assumption that everyone on this list is non-indigenous or has not themselves come from a violent and dispossessed background. Debating which approach seems to be the least intrusive and precarious means nothing when these basic assumptions are underlying your whole argument. Some of us are undoubtedly directly affected by these new governmental measures and not so easily able to distance ourselves enough to pick it apart so abstractly. I feel sick in the stomach to think that many of our families escaped persecution somewhere else to have to now endure watching others endure the same slow descent As I stated to you privately Mark, to witness my niece feeling distinguished as a potential bad parent because she is aboriginal is particularly emotional. Noel Pearson is surely not the only indigenous voice worth listening too. I for one would like to hear a female voice, someone like aileen moreton-robinson perhaps?

kiley