[csaa-forum] the sixties

Mark Davis davismr at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 5 14:30:21 CST 2007

V interesting thread. I'm currently researching 'the decline of the
cultural mission in non-fiction book publishing, 1965-1995', looking
at cultural nationalism, on similar lines to Vincent's work on the
film industry, as part of a much larger project that looks at lit
publishing as well. It's been v useful to see what others are doing,
and I share the general sense of agreement that it's a crucial period
(despite the dangers of bb nostalgia!).

Mark Davis
Publishing and Communications Program
School of Culture and Communication