[csaa-forum] Book Launch: Mark Gibson: Culture and Power: Monash Caulfield

Mark Gibson Mark.Gibson at arts.monash.edu.au
Wed May 23 15:34:09 CST 2007

Hi CSAA People ‹ If you are in Melbourne, delighted if you¹re able to come
to my book launch. It¹s 9 June at Monash Caulfield. ‹ Mark

You are invited to the launch of
Mark Gibson¹s

Culture and Power: A History of Cultural Studies

(Oxford: Berg; Sydney: UNSW Press)

Culture and Power is a cultural history of the concept of power in cultural
studies. It traces the uptake of the concept from the mid-1970s, the reasons
that motivated its adoption and the effects it has had on the shape of the
field. It is not concerned with theories of power so much as a prior
question: why the concept of power in the first place?

Dr Chris Healy from the Culture and Communication Program at the University
of Melbourne will be launching the book.

Saturday 9 June, 11.30 am
Room H116, Ground Level H Building,
Caulfield Campus, Monash University

No RSVP necessary

The launch is part of the Arts in ACTION festival.

Monash University showcases Arts Faculty research and discusses how we
really use the arts and social sciences in our lives and our communities.
You can select your own program with over 50 discussions, lectures,
workshops, performances, films and displays.

Full Program available at www.arts.monash.edu.au/artsinaction07

Where:
Monash University
Caulfield campus