[csaa-forum] Further info on the Australian Journal of Cultural Studies

Jon Stratton J.Stratton at curtin.edu.au
Fri Feb 23 17:30:58 CST 2007

     Hi Everybody,
       First of all, thank you to everybody who has emailed me with
congratulations on getting the journal put up on the web.
       A couple of people have emailed me asking for some further
information on the Editorial Board and such like.  So, here goes.  The
Editorial Board for the first issue was Peter O'Toole, Murdoch
University, Brian Dibble and Graeme Turner, Western Australian Institute
of Technology (now Curtin University of Technology) and Brian Shoesmith,
Western Australian College of Advanced Education (now Edith Cowan
University).  The Editorial Advisors were Bill Bonney, Iain Chambers,
John Hartley, and Horace Newcomb.
       By the final issues the Editorial Board had expanded.  It was:
John Frow, Anna Gibbs, John Hartley, Robert Hodge, Michael O'Toole all
of Murdoch University; John Fiske, Barbara Milech, Graham Seal, all of
WAIT (now Curtin); Brian Shoesmith of WACAE (now Edith Cowan); Graeme
Turner of Queensland Institute of Technology (now Queensland University
of Technology).
     You might also find interesting that there was an announcement in
the final issue that was headed: 'From the Australian Journal of
Cultural Studies to Cultural Studies.'  The first paragraph reads: 'The
Australian Journal of Cultural Studies will undergo a transformation in
1987.  It will become an international Journal with the title Cultural
Studies and will produce three issues a year, normally one from
Australia, one from the UK and one from the USA.  It will be published
by Methuen (London) Limited, which will relieve the board of our
permanent problems of finance and marketing.'  The announcement
continues for a further six or seven paragraphs.
I should, perhaps, see about getting some of this material added to the
website.
I hope this is of interest,
Jon