[csaa-forum] Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN) website now live

Tseen Khoo tseen.khoo at arts.monash.edu.au
Mon Sep 11 11:09:37 CST 2006

The Asian Australian Studies Research Network's website is now online!

Go to www.asianaustralianstudies.org to find out more about the network,
our activities and how you can become a member.

The AASRN was created in 2006 as a joint project between Australian
National University and Monash University, from funding granted by
ICEAPS (International Centre of Excellence in Asia-Pacific Studies).

The network focuses on cultural production in three major clusters:

 >>> Cultural heritage & community: The aim of this cluster is to
initiate interdisciplinary exchange within and between the fields of
research on Asian Australian cultural heritage and community. This broad
and interdisciplinary grouping includes those working on aspects of
cultural heritage, community identities and politics, and cultural
history projects.

 >>> Film, literature & performance: The aim of this cluster is to
initiate interdisciplinary exchange within and between the fields of
research on Asian Australian literature, film and performance.

 >>> Visual arts & new media: The aim of this cluster is to facilitate
individual, collaborative, and interdisciplinary research in Asian
Australian visual arts and new media, including cybercultures and
related popular culture studies.

For more information about AASRN, visit the website, or contact
admin at asianaustralianstudies.org