: Re: [csaa-forum] Another attack on CS in the Oz

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Fri Jul 28 20:58:58 CST 2006

The Association needs to give The Australian an award for its
distinguished Contribution to the Research Environment by stimulating
more discussion in the discipline than any other cultural entity :).

Appropriate responses rehearsed by all - but the science analogies
this time remind me of the great anti-ethnographic quote Laura Kipnis
attributes to Bertolt Brecht,  (but which I've never been able to
confirm, would love a ref.) :

"If you want to understand the laws of motion, you don't ask the
tennis ball."

As for Emma Dawson, I think the look on her face as she thoughtfully
chose the phrase "academic weasel words" would have said it all.

x.d

--
http://www.dannybutt.net