: Re: [csaa-forum] Another attack on CS in the Oz

cgibson at uow.edu.au cgibson at uow.edu.au
Fri Jul 28 16:32:22 CST 2006

Hi all

For what it's worth, the 'relevance' and 'comprehensibility' debates are old chestnuts in geography too. They just keep on re-appearing despite all the continuing evidence to the contrary - that loads of people are doing really interesting academic work that is both theoretically informed and which engages communities.

Based on this (and after years of being angry about it) I've now started letting the type of arguments articulated in the Oz piece through to the keeper.

Having said that, I think it would be great if Amanda could synthesise a response together that weaves in the comments of others...

Cheers
Chris

Dr Chris Gibson
Lecturer, Social Geography
University of Wollongong
NSW 2522
http://www.uow.edu.au/science/eesc/staff/cgibs/cg.html

Cultural Histories and Geographies node convenor
ARC Cultural Research Network
http://www.uq.edu.au/crn/index.html