[csaa-forum] RE: Wild Thang - "Make It Queer" - Queer Cultural Producers Conference

Jackie Cook Jackie.Cook at unisa.edu.au
Wed Jul 5 16:39:49 CST 2006

Wild Thang  - Make it Queer

Queer Cultural Producers Conference

9-10 November, 2006
Adelaide

Calls for papers are invited for an Australian and regional conference
to be held at the University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia, on
November 9 - 10, 2006 ~ a Feast (Adelaide Lesbian and Gay Cultural
Festival) and Cultures of the Body Research Group Collaboration.

Abstracts should be 250-300 words and should be forwarded to Dr Vicki
Crowley at the address listed below. Proposals for panels and for
performance pieces are welcomed.

The aim of this conference is to explore queer cultural practice and
production. In the past thirty years organisations and individual
artists have been engaging in public and political "queer cultural
practice". We have developed, presented and promoted work with a queer
sensibility outside of the heteronorm.  This year Feast and the Cultures
of the Body Research Group invite all creators of queer arts to gather
and discuss the importance and challenges of queer cultural production
in the region.

We hope to include a wide range of interdisciplinary approaches to the
question of what constitutes queer cultural production, as well as
performative and visual presentations.

Possible Topics

*	Queer Culture as Activism/Queer Culture as Entertainment
*	Programming for Queers or Queer Programming?
*	E-queer
*	From Tom Boys to Sci Fi Dykes
*	HIV AIDS
*	Bodies Rest and Motion
*	Dykeback Mountain - where is the lesbian?
*	Educators, librarians and distributors
*	Cool, creative, young and queer
*	Asia Pacific queer blockbusters
*	Transister radio - muted voices
*	Interfering
*	Creating Asylum
*	Barebacking and Needles
*	Queer Bums - are they on your seats?
*	Transista Travels
*	Ways of Seeing Queerly
*	Hardcore
*	Fagdom

We are looking forward to a dynamic, diverse and provocative conference,
and we would love for you to be part of this exciting event.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any financial assistance to
conference participants.

Confirmed Key Speaker Audrey Yue (others TBC)

Full colour poster format attached as file, for those who would like to
print/poster!

For information & registration
CONTACT
Vicki Crowley