[csaa-forum] top 10 Australian websites/blogs of all time?

Gerard Goggin g.goggin at uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 22 13:30:13 CST 2005

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your email, and reminder that I hadn't followed thro' on
posting back to list re. this.

I had many useful suggestions, some of which I incorporated in my
chapter on 'The Internet, Online and Mobile Cultures' in the 2005
edition of 'Media and Communications in Australia'.

However due to space limitations and the complexities of determining
a list, I also used a Neilsen/NetRating top 10 for 'top 10 online
brands by unique Australian audiences' for March 2005 (in order:
Nine/MSN, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, eBay, News Interactive, Telstra
BigPond, Commonwealth Bank, OptusNet, ABC Online). Quite telling in
its own right.

But for the benefit of those interested, I will do the compile of the
alternative list I gathered and post to list.

best,

Gerard

At 4:47 PM +1000 20/9/05, Crisp, Paul G wrote:

>Gerrard,
>
>I was interested in your request for information about Australia's
>top 10 blogs. Have you managed to compile such a list and is this
>something you are able to share?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Paul
>
>Paul Crisp
>Telstra Public Policy and Communications
>P: 03 9634 4984
>M: 0439 414 069

Dr Gerard Goggin
ARC Australian Research Fellow
Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies
University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072 Qld Australia
e: g.goggin at uq.edu.au   m: 0428 66 88 24
www.gerardgoggin.net// www.cccs.uq.edu.au
research blog: http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/~blogs/gerardgoggin/