[csaa-forum] Not the election, but book reviews

Warwick Mules w.mules at cqu.edu.au
Wed Jun 29 14:12:27 CST 2005

Please disregard my previous post. Should have gone to Terry Flew.

Warwick

>Dear CSAA members
>
>As some of you may be aware, I am the Book Reviews Editor for
>Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, which all CSAA
>members receive as a part of their membership. As a result, and
>perhaps not surprisingly, I receive a lot of books, and I currently
>have more than I have reviewers for.
>
>If you are interested in reviewing books for Continuum, you may wish
>to send me an email outlining your areas of research interest. I
>should note that, over the last 18 months, we have moved towards a
>policy of carrying review essays, where a person writes an article
>of about 3000 words drawing upon a cluster of similarly-themed
>books. One advantage of this is that it allows the work to be
>DEST-accredited, which is less likely with single book reviews.
>
>I also have recent books by current CSAA members that we would like
>to see reviewed in Continuum. Please let me know if you re able to
>review any of these titles, keeping in mind the imperative to meet
>publishing deadlines (It is particularly unfair to ask for a book to
>review and then not review it, as this denies the author the
>opportunity to see their book reviewed):
>
>Ruth Barcan, Nudity: A Cultural Anatomy (Berg, 2004)
>Ian Buchanan and Marcel Swiboda (eds.), Deleuze and Music (Edinburgh
>University Press, 2004)
>Peter Dunbar-Hall and Chris Gibson, Deadly Sounds, Deadly places:
>Contemporary Aboriginal Music in Australia (UNSW Press, 2004)
>Stephen Muecke, Ancient & Modern: Time, Culture and Indigenous
>Philosophy (UNSW Press, 2004)
>Rod Giblett, Living with the Earth: From Mastery to Mutuality (Salt, 2004)
>Angela Ndalianis, Neo-Baroque Aesthetics and Contemporay
>Entertainment (MIT Press, 2004).
>
>Cheers
>Terry
>Dr. Terry Flew
>Senior Lecturer and Discipline Head, Media and Communication
>Course Co-ordinator, Creative Industries postgraduate coursework
>degree program
>Reviews Editor, Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies
>
>Creative Industries Faculty
>Queensland University of Technology
>
>GPO Box 2434
>Brisbane Queensland 4001
>
>Location: The Hub Z6-510 Kelvin Grove Urban Village
>Phone: 61-07-3864 8188
>Fax: 61-07-3864 8195
>Mobile: 0405 070 980
>Email: t.flew at qut.edu.au
>Research profile:
>http://www.creativeindustries.qut.com/people/staff/next.jsp?userid=flew&secid=Introduction
>
>CRICOS No: 00213J
>
>IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
>confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended
>recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the
>sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the
> [...]

Dr. Warwick Mules, Editor Transformations, http://transformations.cqu.edu.au

Cultural Studies,
Humanities, Central Queensland University
Bundaberg Campus,				email: w.mules at cqu.edu.au
Locked Bag 3333 DC				phone: 0741 507142
Bundaberg, Queensland			mobile: 04122 92541
Australia  4670				fax:   0741 507080